Give. Get. Grow. Be a mentor.
We’re looking for volunteer mentors to join VVM’s growing mentor network.
WHY BE A VVM MENTOR?
Give back to your community and feel good about utilizing the experience you have accumulated while on your career journey. Helping foster the success of young companies will help the economic growth of the Pioneer Valley. Be part of this! Our motto is, “the more you give, the more you get, the more you grow.” To date, over 1,000 mentors have experienced this personally by giving back their time and energy to help startups succeed. By paying it forward, our mentors also grow themselves by expanding their own network and feeling good about helping our community thrive.
WHO WILL YOU BE MENTORING?
As a VVM mentor you will be mentoring a diverse group of people who are coachable and have been put through a screening process to ensure that they qualify as a VVM entrepreneur – meaning that they have a venture idea that can scale and grow significantly. You get to choose who you think you can help and how much of your time you want to spend with them.
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR IN A MENTOR?
- A love for all things startup!
- Emotional intelligence to effectively deliver “lovingly critical” feedback.
- A 6-month commitment to the program (if participating in online Startup Academy mentorship).
- Ideally, experience mentoring startups. Not required with translatable experience.
- A willingness to be a source for knowledge, motivation and connections.
- Not required, but as possible, attend monthly VVM Community Nights.
- Availability of at least 1 hour a month to talk with your assigned start-up.
- Provide feedback to VVM on mentorship process/progress.
Complete This Form to Learn More About Being a Mentor