Startups admitted to Mentorship Program will be required to attend monthly meetings per the schedule and will also be asked to agree to the following:
- As an entrepreneurs, you run your startups, not the VVM staff or community.
- Any suggestions or help offered should be led and completed by the startup.
- Community members and Lead Mentors are volunteers who kindly donate their time to offer advice and, where appropriate, make introductions. They are not members of the management team and therefore do not have execution responsibilities for any of this work.
Startups commit to:
- Be present and represent/present the startup at all of the Monthly Community Night Meetings. Arrive at 4:30pm. Plan to stay until at least 8pm. Child care is available for kids over 1 years old.
- Meet with Lead Mentors once a month outside of the monthly mentor meetings. It is recommended these meetings take place the 1st week of the month.
- Attend at least one Peer Percolate session in-person once a month. Peer Percolate are held every week on Tuesday from 4 PM – 6 PM.
- Complete and submit the monthly information form (will be sent to you by staff each month) by noon on the day of virtual auditions.
- Complete and submit the monthly information form (will be sent to you by staff each month) by noon on the day of Community Night if you have been selected to present.
- Participate in all evaluation activities (including surveys and interviews) before, during and after program.
- For the protection of the entrepreneur, VVM prohibits commercial relationships with another startup, mentor or community member.
VVM mentors the entrepreneur, not the startup. So if you need to pivot to a new business model, that is OK. If as entrepreneur, you realize that entrepreneurship is not the life for you and need to withdraw, that is OK. What is not OK is committing to the program and not doing the work needed to take advantage of the offered help.